The following includes all the past director’s notes from the 2012 issues of Heartland Outdoor School’s newsletter, Nature Notes:
We always want to make our program better each year. At Heartland, some of the best things happen during the winter months. This is our time of the year to brainstorm, develop, and make improvements to our program. During this time we re-evaluate everything we offer and look for ways to better meet the needs of all of our school and guest groups.
Our programming team is busy working on a myriad of improvements.
These projects include:
- Evaluating / implementing changes based on feedback from teachers
- Aligning our program with the new state curriculum standards
- Revamping current classes
- Developing new activities
- Enhancing our nature center with new animals and animal displays
- Adding new features to Heartland’s landscape
We are also working to develop classes and activities for use during the winter months. While most of our classes can be done in cold weather, we would like to be able to offer specific winter classes in the future for our winter guests.
This year is going to be an exciting year of serving over 5000 school students and we are looking forward to it!
The Power of Camp
The informative graphic